Trains.com

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

The Coffee Shop (a place to chat) Est. 2004 Locked

854132 views
27061 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 12:56 AM
QUOTE: Originally posted by JCtrain

HA! I'm supposed to be in school but I'm not...oh well, I've got a old laptop and a warm bed with coffee...And a nasty cold.



JCTrain [:)]

Sorry to hear you have a cold. [:(]

I hope you get better REAL quick so you can enjoy the weekend. [;)]



Duchess and I are enjoying some Taco H*** I mean Bell right now. It maybe Bell tonight but tomorrow it will be . . . well you know. [}:)] [;)] [:D]

She keeps complaining that I get more than she does. Well duh, your the dog, I'm the people. She does however offer to share her chew bones every now and then. I tell her, "Thank you, but you go ahead." [:p] [:D]

Well, I don't think I will get to do much train watching Saturday as I have to work Saturday night.

Sunday is the Locomotive Shop Open House at Union Pacific's Jenks Shop in North Little Rock. I WILL BE THERE, how about YOU? [:)]
  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: the Netherlands
  • 1,883 posts
Posted by lupo on Saturday, May 1, 2004 3:35 AM
Well Jim,
I'd love to but there is a piece of our planet blocking the way to get overthere in time
but have fun and give us the details when you get back!
L [censored] O
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 4:05 AM
For a Saturday over here, you guys fire up that boiler pretty early.
  • Member since
    March 2016
  • 1,447 posts
Posted by Eriediamond on Saturday, May 1, 2004 6:54 AM
Hey y'all (Southern for g'mornin) Sorry I can't stay long. Just stopped by to to say hello, and have a quik cup of 40weight. Bubba (>^..^<) wants to know where the litter box is? Sorry to have to leave so soon, but I have to find the couch. Just got out of surgery a few days ago and can't sit for very long periods, so modeling and everything else is on hold right now. Y'all have a good week end and I'll try to stop in now and then. Y'all are the greatest, Ken
  • Member since
    December 2003
  • From: St Paul, MN
  • 6,218 posts
Posted by Big_Boy_4005 on Saturday, May 1, 2004 6:58 AM
I'm not sure why I'm awake, I only went to bed 4 hours ago. I'll probably go back for seconds in a little while.[banghead][%-)][(-D][sigh][|)][|)][|)][|)][|)][zzz][zzz][zzz]
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 8:31 AM
QUOTE: Originally posted by JCtrain

I get about seven hours average. On weekdays and ends



WOW 7 hours sleep in one night, I would KILL for a night with 7 hours of sleep. Duchess let me sleep in late today. We got up at 730 am, after going to bed about 3 am.

OK, I have to go post a joke in the humor thread. I forgot to do it this morning so I better do it now.

See yall. Have a great day. [:)] (It is raining here for the 3 rd weekend in a row. [:(] )
  • Member since
    June 2003
  • From: Along the Murphy Branch
  • 1,410 posts
Posted by dave9999 on Saturday, May 1, 2004 8:43 AM
Eriediamond,
Hey from a fellow southerner. We will be leaving Tuesday (May 4) for the "hills of NC". We go once or twice a year for a two week "getaway from the grind". I understand you've been having some chilly mornings. Perfect for camping! [^]

We stay in Cherokee NC with side trips to Bryson City (Great Smoky Mountain Railroad) and Townsend TN (Little River Railroad). Have you ever visited the Lionel museum in Bryson City? Impressive to say the least.

Here's a link for anyone who may be interested. http://www.smokymtntrains.com/index2.html

Western North Carolina has some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. And is great when veiwed from a coach being pulled by a 2-8-0. http://www.gsmr.com/

And Elliot,
Good idea for a topic. Although I never would have suspected this from you after the disappoval of DOS.
Anyway, great topic. Dave
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 9:01 AM
Good Mornin all. i'll have a live wire please.and lupo u gonna get on MSN? right now?
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 10:57 AM
Hey guys, put me down for a Red Bull.
  • Member since
    January 2004
  • From: Reedsburg WI (near Wisconsin Dells)
  • 3,370 posts
Posted by Noah Hofrichter on Saturday, May 1, 2004 12:05 PM
Just give me some food, don't care what it is I'm hungry. We ought to hire a cook for this place that can make a decent hamburger or two.[:D]

Noah
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 12:46 PM
Sunny in Portland Oregon with a chance of hobby shop visits.

Been up since six, you know...the kind of awake where you're really asleep
  • Member since
    June 2003
  • From: Along the Murphy Branch
  • 1,410 posts
Posted by dave9999 on Saturday, May 1, 2004 12:54 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by JCtrain

Sunny in Portland Oregon with a chance of hobby shop visits.

Been up since six, you know...the kind of awake where you're really asleep


JC,
I got you beat, I've been up since five and already made my trip to the hobby shop.
My Chooch bridge abutments came in today. [8D]Dave
  • Member since
    February 2004
  • From: Out on the Briny Ocean Tossed
  • 4,228 posts
Posted by Fergmiester on Saturday, May 1, 2004 1:06 PM
So I'm gone what? 2 days and look you're on page four already. It's nice to see this taking off quickly and very friendly like!

Consider youselves very lucky as the "Timmy's" (Cdn for coffee) onboard is also used as a lube oil substitute I may have to go up town and buy a cup!

http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5959

If one could roll back the hands of time... They would be waiting for the next train into the future. A. H. Francey 1921-2007  

  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: the Netherlands
  • 1,883 posts
Posted by lupo on Saturday, May 1, 2004 2:16 PM
Bye all , I'm turning in, see yall tomorow morning!

L [censored] O
  • Member since
    February 2001
  • From: El Dorado Springs, MO
  • 1,519 posts
Posted by n2mopac on Saturday, May 1, 2004 3:03 PM
Rainy, chilly in central MO. Sounds like a day for NPR on the radio in the old layout room. Nothing like building models to Car Talk and Prarie Home Companion.
Ron

Owner and superintendant of the N scale Texas Colorado & Western Railway, a protolanced representaion of the BNSF from Fort Worth, TX through Wichita Falls TX and into Colorado. 

Check out the TC&WRy on at https://www.facebook.com/TCWRy

Check out my MRR How-To YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/RonsTrainsNThings

 

  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 3:51 PM
went to the hobby shop today and picked up another SP&S boxcar.
the glues drying and I need another cup of coffee
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 4:46 PM
Weres my livewire? got back from my MR club one of the members got his but chewed out
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 6:15 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by Noah Hofrichter

Just give me some food, don't care what it is I'm hungry. We ought to hire a cook for this place that can make a decent hamburger or two.[:D]

Noah


I'm your man, I make the best hamburger this side of the Rockies, and the guy on the other side of the Rockies, that makes the best west of the Rockies, well, I taught him all he knows. I'm taken orders, whats yours??[:)][:)][:)]
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, May 1, 2004 7:40 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by jhhtrainsplanes

I also want to invite everyone to download msn messenger and join the forum chat family. We talk about modeling, railfanning, taking train pics, tell jokes, laugh at each other, and just generally have a good time. We have modelers, railfans, and even some railroaders as our chat family grows. We have many from the USA, a bunch of Canadians [:)] , Lupo sometimes drops in on us and we even have a French guy now. [:D] [8D] [:p] [:)] [;)] . So downlown msn messenger and join our chat family. The download is free and easy.

http://messenger.msn.com/Download/

I just noticed they have changed the download page. If you have any questions, please email me. I hope to see you all in chat real soon. [:D]

I work on airplanes, have also worked in retail management ,restaurant management, and have worked at a major theme part and just don't seem to know any strangers. So don't be bashful, email me if you want. [:p] [:)] [8D] [;)]



OK well i would also like to invite everyone to join in. My MSN contact list has 45 people and counting
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 12:57 AM
Well I am home from work now. [:)]

It is still raining. [:(] It has rained most of the evening and still going on. [:(!]

I hope it stops raining because Sunday is the Union Pacific Open House here in North Little Rock and I am going. [:D]


Now about msn messenger chat . . . . . [8D]

This morning and early afternoon we had a good group of chatters. At times we had 8 to 12 people in chat. Lupo, CNW5525fan, Bikeman, myself, we had 2 people named Jay [:)] [:)], ShaunCN (for a short time anyway) and other people were there too. We had a good mix of modelers, railroaders and railfans. [:o)] [:p] [8D].

I am still waiting for Noah and Alex to come join our chat family. [:)] I know they would really enjoy it. [:D] And of course everyone else is welcome too. [;)] I hope to see YOU there too. [:p] [;)] [:D]
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 10:34 AM
QUOTE: Originally posted by emeraldisle

QUOTE: Originally posted by Noah Hofrichter

Just give me some food, don't care what it is I'm hungry. We ought to hire a cook for this place that can make a decent hamburger or two.[:D]

Noah


I'm your man, I make the best hamburger this side of the Rockies, and the guy on the other side of the Rockies, that makes the best west of the Rockies, well, I taught him all he knows. I'm taken orders, whats yours??[:)][:)][:)]
I'll take a Triple Cheesebuger, american cheese and ketchup only. And a large fry and a Coke. That meal is an American classic![:D][:p][;)]
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 10:36 AM
QUOTE: Originally posted by CNWfan5525

QUOTE: Originally posted by jhhtrainsplanes

I also want to invite everyone to download msn messenger and join the forum chat family. We talk about modeling, railfanning, taking train pics, tell jokes, laugh at each other, and just generally have a good time. We have modelers, railfans, and even some railroaders as our chat family grows. We have many from the USA, a bunch of Canadians [:)] , Lupo sometimes drops in on us and we even have a French guy now. [:D] [8D] [:p] [:)] [;)] . So downlown msn messenger and join our chat family. The download is free and easy.

http://messenger.msn.com/Download/

I just noticed they have changed the download page. If you have any questions, please email me. I hope to see you all in chat real soon. [:D]

I work on airplanes, have also worked in retail management ,restaurant management, and have worked at a major theme part and just don't seem to know any strangers. So don't be bashful, email me if you want. [:p] [:)] [8D] [;)]



OK well i would also like to invite everyone to join in. My MSN contact list has 45 people and counting
Yeah, I'm with CNW's group. If wanna "get in on the scene"[:D], MSN me at jhotdog103@hotmail.com
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 12:59 PM
A true 1950's hamburger, ...a little salt and pepper, a bit of garlic powder, make the patty about and inch thick, cook on the medium side, toast the bun and forget all the fancy sauce, just some good lettuce, some good firm tomato, and a little ketchup & mustard, and if you like, top with a slab of onion. While cooking, don't press down on the burger too much, it squeezes all the good juices out. Follow this and guaranteed success will be yours.
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 1:01 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by 4884bigboy

QUOTE: Originally posted by emeraldisle

QUOTE: Originally posted by Noah Hofrichter

Just give me some food, don't care what it is I'm hungry. We ought to hire a cook for this place that can make a decent hamburger or two.[:D]

Noah


I'm your man, I make the best hamburger this side of the Rockies, and the guy on the other side of the Rockies, that makes the best west of the Rockies, well, I taught him all he knows. I'm taken orders, whats yours??[:)][:)][:)]
I'll take a Triple Cheesebuger, american cheese and ketchup only. And a large fry and a Coke. That meal is an American classic![:D][:p][;)]



coming right up
  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: the Netherlands
  • 1,883 posts
Posted by lupo on Sunday, May 2, 2004 1:21 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by emeraldisle

A true 1950's hamburger, ...a little salt and pepper, a bit of garlic powder, make the patty about and inch thick, cook on the medium side, toast the bun and forget all the fancy sauce, just some good lettuce, some good firm tomato, and a little ketchup & mustard, and if you like, top with a slab of onion. While cooking, don't press down on the burger too much, it squeezes all the good juices out. Follow this and guaranteed success will be yours.


and you give me that recipe when the stores are closed so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get all that stuff @#$#@%%^& I am hungry!

BTW THANKS! gonna try that out!
L [censored] O
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 1:29 PM
Go for it[:D][:D]Let me know how it turns out.

BTW, you can add a little Chili Powder if you like a little more spice in it.
  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: the Netherlands
  • 1,883 posts
Posted by lupo on Sunday, May 2, 2004 1:36 PM
must stop reading this recipe, or I will start drooling ( or how do you call that ) over my keyboard !
L [censored] O
  • Member since
    December 2003
  • From: St Paul, MN
  • 6,218 posts
Posted by Big_Boy_4005 on Sunday, May 2, 2004 2:56 PM
My not so "secret recepie" for burgers is Lowery's seasoning salt, and onion powder, and cooked on the grill. That combo works well on both fresh and frozen patties, and turkey burgers too. They have been a big hit with everyone I've served them to.[swg][C=:-)][C=:-)][:P][dinner][dinner][dinner][dinner]
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 5:46 PM
Can we get off the subject of Hamburgers i'm drooling. Why is my key board wet? Oh yeah i'm drooling lol
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • 305,206 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, May 2, 2004 5:52 PM
anyone want to tell me what LHS is

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Users Online

Search the Community

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Model Railroader Newsletter See all
Sign up for our FREE e-newsletter and get model railroad news in your inbox!