1. An extension New Haven <> BOS would exceed the present 39 train limit over the drawbridges.
2. Carolinians present inability to not quite make operating costs is because of its length limit.
3. More cars are not allowed at present due to the storage siding limit at CLT station..
4. CLT is having a new layover facillity being built some 2 (?) miles west that will allow more cars to be assigned to Carolinian which may allow it to be positive revenue to expenses,
5. Additional cars > Now that is a real problem as the planned displaced single level cars seem to be far off in the future due to Nippon's ((NS) inability to deliver the midwest bi-level cars that would have displaced single level cars to the east.