Trains.com

EDITION: 2009 #5 Coffee Pot. Here we gather with friends with trains for chats, 4 years of coffee and sweet ice tea. Locked

768 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • 15,416 posts
EDITION: 2009 #5 Coffee Pot. Here we gather with friends with trains for chats, 4 years of coffee and sweet ice tea.
Posted by ChiefEagles on Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:45 AM

Took me 15 minutes to get this far.  Can not believe it.  Got to rush to town hall for a meeting as spent 30 minutes trying to read this forum.  Chat later.   

God bless TCA 05-58541   Benefactor Member of the NRA,  Member of the American Legion,   Retired Boss Hog of Roseyville Laugh,   KC&D QualifiedCowboy       

• 8,153 posts
Posted by sir james I on Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:05 AM

What? again?

"IT's GOOD TO BE THE KING",by Mel Brooks 

Charter Member- Tardis Train Crew (TTC)   - Detroit3railers-  Detroit Historical society Glancy Modular trains- Charter member BTTS

• 3,784 posts
Posted by dbaker48 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:10 AM

Seems this forum can no longer support this thread.  My 2 cents

Don

• 8,059 posts
Posted by cnw1995 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:14 AM

OK, I'll bite. Morning. Cold here - 2 with the wind. Hope this is the last snap of the spring. Contractors here again - painting and mudding. Or is it mudding and painting? Lots of choices for the bride. Gotta go re-new home equity line or at least put in the app. These days they want all sorts of interesting paperwork. Good news about Brent's pop. Greater news about Cali taxes - looks like they're catching up to Illinois. Like the look of the Chief's car, Don. Good news about your relief, Dennis.

Doug Murphy 'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...' Henry V.

• 493 posts
Posted by RRCharlie on Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:26 AM

With the "talk" on this and the "other" forum about spouses - are there any LCCA members who are reglars on the POT?

If so, I would appreciate any comments about the article on Pages 12 and 13 of the February issue of The Lion Roars.

Mel Hazen; Jax, FL Ride Amtrak. It's the only way to fly!!!

• 2,886 posts
Posted by anjdevil2 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:41 AM

Mel,

Madge is a VERY understanding wife, trust me, if I had that conversation with my bride, I'd be out on my a$$....

I thought it was a wonderful article and the references to Dave and Chet were priceless.  Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up!

I am the monster in your head...And I thought you'd learn by now, It seems you haven't yet.
I am the venom in your skin  --- Breaking Benjamin

• 5,369 posts
Posted by cheapclassics on Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:52 PM

Good afternoon all,

One of the few times I have a chance to post on the first page of a new thread and I am going to grab it.  Only news is a large fire in downtown Indy, which toasted an unfiinished apartment complex.  What a mess!  Fortunately it was not occupied so no one was hurt.

Keep on training,

Mike C. from Indiana

• 2,292 posts
Posted by jonadel on Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:15 PM

Gee Chief--thanks for the warm wishes, you old curmudgeon!

Fife--I think I worked myself out of my postpartumsunshinestatedepression this morning by planning this summer's motorcycle ride with my son Thumbs Up  We'll leave from his place in St. Paul and wind our way west through Rapid City/Mt Rushmore, Spearfish, Yellowstone, Jackson, Tetons,Beartooth range, etc.  I spent about 3 hours this AM working with Google's map planning, what a neat tool.  Looks like I'll be adding Montana and Idaho to my riding map history this summer, we'll do the whole thing in 7 days with the worst day being just over 400 miles and two of those nights will be in the same location--Jackson Hole.  I need to find out if there are any narrow gauge trains in the area, Buckeye?

Don B.--when you get done customizing Chief's boxcar feel free to send it on, I have a special location for it Clown

One last day of chilly weather today here in the Heartlands, spring makes an appearance for the next several days, we are ready.

Jon

So many roads, so little time. 

• 1,228 posts
Posted by LawsonFarmsRR on Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:35 PM

Good morning afternoon all:

Lost more than one hour today.

I see the Chef has worked his magic one more time. One difference this time - Pot # 4 hasn't been locked yet. To keep up I guess we need to read posts to both! Sigh

Questions - I noticed this thread has a 2 star rating. How does that happen on a one day old thread? And how are the rating made and by whom? Confused

Patrick

RFD-TV --- Rural America's most important network!

• 5,434 posts
Posted by Blueberryhill RR on Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:37 PM

Here we are again.  Still no problem.

Chuck # 3 I found my thrill on Blueberryhill !!
  • 1,228 posts
Posted by LawsonFarmsRR on Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:42 PM

On this star rating thing, I gust clicked on the stars and the rating changed to 2 1/2 stars. A coincidence? Just don't understand the rating system I guess.

Patrick

• 7,578 posts
Posted by Buckeye Riveter on Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:22 PM

What are you guys doing over here?  You lost or something?  With the Chief in the lead it makes sense  you got lost.  Confused

Celebrating 18 years on the CTT Forum. Smile, Wink & Grin

Buckeye Riveter......... OTTS Charter Member, a Roseyville Raider and a member of the CTT Forum since 2004..

Jelloway Creek, OH - ELV 1,100 - Home of the Baltimore, Ohio & Wabash RR

TCA 09-64284

• 5,608 posts
Posted by dougdagrump on Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:43 PM

Everybody moved and didn't leave a forwarding address....Sad... but I found ya'z anyway.  Tongue

Don, With regards to that rather funky car with a truck that doesn't want to turn, No problem. Just add some more glue so there is no chance of it ever turning then pull one axle from each truck converting it from a 4axle to a 2axle car. Mite look reall snappy with a Thomas & Friends set that way. Clown

Speaking of Thomas, the event at the museum was a roaring success. I believe that there was a far greater turnout than anticipated, even with the relatively short notice. Had to move his reading area from our layout room to a much larger room next to us. Will have some photos to post later. Approve Doubleheading of Thomas & Percy went great, only one incident when my grandson decided grampa was running them to fast. He slowed them way down and somehow, probably crossing a turnout, they got out of sync. Seemed to take forever to get them back, afterwards no more issue. Forgive me but I think the munchkin is going to be a rivet counter. Blush Laugh

Brent, Good news on your dad. Thumbs Up 

Remember the Veterans. Past, present and future.

www.sd3r.org

Proud New Member Of The NRA

• 8,059 posts
Posted by cnw1995 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:53 PM

I had to get my picture with Sir Hatt when he last visited the Illinois Railway Museum. Quite a guy.

Doug Murphy 'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...' Henry V.

• 607 posts
Posted by GregM on Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:00 PM

#4 was locked right after Bob's post.  Then Laz was able to post to it.  Not sure what is going on here.

GregM
  • 2,306 posts
Posted by kpolak on Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:01 PM

Afternoon all!

MR has a similar thread that was at 59 pages this am, double the mess we made.  No I'm not jumping ship, sorry to dissapoint, but trying to find information on that mystery loco.

Furnace back up!  This am getting the 4-yo to school it felt cold in here...thermostat said 60. Shock  igniter was bad.  Crack in the center.  I was all over town trying to find a HVAC company that will sell parts to the public.  Between companies being bought by other companies, and others deciding to go wholesale only...what a pain.  I know who to call if I need major work done.  Nice folks at this place.

On the train front, it looks like the mystery loco is S-scale manufactured by Rex trains, now Putt trains.

I have a wine rack to install this afternoon.  Bride's birthday is this week, and that's what she wanted.  It's here, so off I go.

Kurt

• 5,028 posts
Posted by dwiemer on Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:20 PM

Well, it was a long morning.  Got ready for the case and the main pump on the heart/lung machine failed.  Needless to say, I had the new guy step aside and I took over.  With things not going right from the get go, wanted to make sure no other issues came along.  Case went fine from then on, but certainly kept me on my toes.

Bride too son to allergist and I am home with the daughter.  Hope wife gets home in time so I don't have to go to ballet..... oh the joys of fatherhood.  Tired already, but still have plenty to get done.  The forum is working OK right now, but lets hope it continues to do so.

Patrick, the star rating has a couple of flaws...first, if someone clicks on the box like we used to do to go to a link that you made the rating, if you click on the left hand side...it rates as one star.  Secondly, it is now anonymous.  Some cowards who take pleasure in ridiculing others...get their rocks off by rating others low.  I personally have given up paying any attention to the stars.

God Bless,
Dennis

TCA#09-63805

Charter BTTs.jpg

• 7,578 posts
Posted by Buckeye Riveter on Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:28 PM

GregM

#4 was locked right after Bob's post.  Then Laz was able to post to it.  Not sure what is going on here.

The Chief is leading everyone astray. Pirate Go back, go back!!!!  Don't go over the cliff with the CHIEF!!!Smile,Wink, & Grin

Celebrating 18 years on the CTT Forum. Smile, Wink & Grin

Buckeye Riveter......... OTTS Charter Member, a Roseyville Raider and a member of the CTT Forum since 2004..

Jelloway Creek, OH - ELV 1,100 - Home of the Baltimore, Ohio & Wabash RR

TCA 09-64284

• 1,228 posts
Posted by LawsonFarmsRR on Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:35 PM

Dennis said:

Patrick, the star rating has a couple of flaws...first, if someone clicks on the box like we used to do to go to a link that you made the rating, if you click on the left hand side...it rates as one star.  Secondly, it is now anonymous.  Some cowards who take pleasure in ridiculing others...get their rocks off by rating others low.  I personally have given up paying any attention to the stars.

Thanks Dennis for the explanation. I now see no reason to learn how to do the ratings. Don't like cowards.

Patrick

• 1,247 posts
Posted by Ole Timer on Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:40 PM

Spanky that sounds cool .....

Kurt .... after it's up you'll have to stock it too I guess .... that's where the money comes in ! 

LIFETIME MEMBER === DAV === DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS STEAM ENGINES RULE ++++ CAB FORWARDS and SHAYS
  • 2,306 posts
Posted by kpolak on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:09 PM

dwiemer
  Hope wife gets home in time so I don't have to go to ballet..... oh the joys of fatherhood. 

Dennis:  Be happy you don't  have to appear with your daughter in a recital......in tights (yikes).......yet.  Speedo's are looking pretty good about now huh.

Ole Timer:  We found a great store here in Ann Arbor called Everyday Wines.  All about $12...the problem is that you bring in the 6-pack bag, fillit up and get a 10% discount.  Good thing this rack only holds 9.

Kurt

• 3,584 posts
Posted by Sturgeon-Phish on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:17 PM

Good Evening all

Busy at work today but the day flew by. 

A new pot?  Oh well.  They let us play in their yard.

Buckeye – Happy Friday eve

Need  to study a bit.

May God bless

Jim

• 305,205 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:18 PM

Fellas,
I would recommend no longer posting photos on the Pot. I think that contributes to our problem.

Also, for those that seem to be having a lot of locking problems, if you are using Internet Explorer/Exploder I would HIGHLY recommend deleting your temporary internet files. If you don't know how to do this let me know. I had to clear Susie-Q's cache over the weekend and after 30 minutes of waiting it finally finished and low-and-behold I have not had any problems with this site. I did have a problem yesterday on my desktop, switched to the laptop - no problems - back to desktop - problems - cleared desktop's cache... no problems.

For those having problems while on FireFox I don't know what to tell you as I'm not a FireFox guy.

Went to the trainroom when I got home to do some reliminary engineering studies on my bridge. I have determined that I need to go to HomeDespot to get some lumber... I'm almost out of scraps too...

Watching PSU take apart IU in bassetball... 11:00 to go and PSU is up 22

• 9,713 posts
Posted by rtraincollector on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:29 PM

Buckeye Riveter

GregM

The Chief is leading everyone astray. Pirate Go back, go back!!!!  Don't go over the cliff with the CHIEF!!!Smile,Wink, & Grin

As I stated in the other coffee pot

"

Well I see chief has been eating to much grits again he now has 2 coffee pots going. Its hard enough keeping up with one coffee shop let alone 2 but thats what you get from being a mayor you keep people confused so they never know what your doing and its now flowing over here to the forum geeeze!"

I guess we need bob or bergie to lock the other one. just don't seem right were only 12 days into it lol

Life's hard, even harder if your stupid  John Wayne

http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/

• 1,247 posts
Posted by Ole Timer on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:31 PM

Love a glass of wine kicked back and relaxing .... maybe some cheese and bread .... the rip off the loaf style .... with your lady .... by candlelight .... then a good cigar ..... heaven !

LIFETIME MEMBER === DAV === DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS STEAM ENGINES RULE ++++ CAB FORWARDS and SHAYS
  • 15,416 posts
Posted by ChiefEagles on Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:13 PM

Brent, I do that all the time.  Also delete history.  Then with XP, do a run and %temp%.  Delete all of that.  I see slimey has been and rated.  Turning cold here.  Off to feed deer. 

God bless TCA 05-58541   Benefactor Member of the NRA,  Member of the American Legion,   Retired Boss Hog of Roseyville Laugh,   KC&D QualifiedCowboy       

• 5,434 posts
Posted by Blueberryhill RR on Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:29 PM

Ole Timer

Love a glass of wine kicked back and relaxing .... maybe some cheese and bread .... the rip off the loaf style .... with your lady .... by candlelight .... then a good cigar ..... heaven !

That is perfect !!!!!!!

Chuck # 3 I found my thrill on Blueberryhill !!
  • 15,416 posts
Posted by ChiefEagles on Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:18 PM

Tuff two days.  Very stressfull.  Town Manager problems.  Lied about something I supposedly said.  Have witness I did not say what he told I said.  Confronting him tomorrow with Mayor Pro-tem and Town Atty.  Most Board members want to fire him.  Even if I had said what he claimed, it should have never left his office.  That is one concern of the Board [and me] and then a lie.  We will see.

Lets get this POT going and drop the other one.  Brent is probably right.  Pictures on the Pot will slow it down.  I have been "guilty" of that.  Have a good one.   

• 2,306 posts
Posted by kpolak on Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:25 PM

lionroar88
  Fellas,
I would recommend no longer posting photos on the Pot. I think that contributes to our problem.

Also, for those that seem to be having a lot of locking problems, if you are using Internet Explorer/Exploder I would HIGHLY recommend deleting your temporary internet files. If you don't know how to do this let me know. I had to clear Susie-Q's cache over the weekend and after 30 minutes of waiting it finally finished and low-and-behold I have not had any problems with this site. I did have a problem yesterday on my desktop, switched to the laptop - no problems - back to desktop - problems - cleared desktop's cache... no problems. 

I agree, but something else is going on.  My whole system was slowing down with this site.  I completely cleaned my computer house this morning, ran defrag, the whole shebang, and still like molasses in winter. 

Something changed this afternoon, as everything is running faster.

Kurt

• 2,886 posts
Posted by anjdevil2 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:31 PM

I have FireFox and it seems to be ok

At work I have IE 7 and I got the oops error this afternoon

I am the monster in your head...And I thought you'd learn by now, It seems you haven't yet.
I am the venom in your skin  --- Breaking Benjamin

Join our Community!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

Search the Community

FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Get the Classic Toy Trains newsletter delivered to your inbox twice a month