Trains.com

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Locomotive Truck orientation

2 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • 305,205 posts
Locomotive Truck orientation
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, March 17, 2006 10:35 AM
Inspecting Four of My Atlas Decoder equipped GP38 loco's that viewed from the bottom(Turned upside down) I noticed 2 of the locos have trucks and the gears right in line and the other 2 have each truck with the gear offset from the Front one to the back one.They all run smooth But I have to wonder if either is right or wrong?Please reply Thanks Brian in N scale
  • 225 posts
Posted by rrgrassi on Friday, March 17, 2006 10:57 AM
It all depnds. If the run fine, then no worries. My LL.BevBel F7's are opposite front to rear. Turns out the trucks are interchangeable front to rear.
Ralph R. Grassi PRR, PennCentral, Conrail, SP, Cotton Belt, KCS and ATSF. My Restoration Project. Fairmont A-4: SPM 5806 c:\speeder\spm5806.jpg
  • 305,205 posts
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, March 17, 2006 4:59 PM
Like rrgrassi said. They could be interchangeable. But if it runs smooth.. let it go! Why kick a good horse.

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Users Online

There are no community member online

Search the Community

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Model Railroader Newsletter See all