Trains.com

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Royal Blue FINISHED! Yeehaa!

2 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • 4,361 posts
Royal Blue FINISHED! Yeehaa!
Posted by Darth Santa Fe on Friday, December 28, 2007 8:27 PM

My old American Flyer O-gauge Royal Blue steam engine is finally finished!Big Smile

A couple days ago the lettering I needed for it came in the mail, so that allowed me to do the final gloss clear coat on it, which was the final step in restoring this near 70-year-old thing.Big Smile It now looks great AND runs great, which is something it hasn't done either of in a long time, so this was a pretty exciting thing to get done.Big Smile It can now be a nice diplay piece when not in use, instead of a junker sitting in a box in the basement like before.Big Smile

• 8,055 posts
Posted by twhite on Friday, December 28, 2007 8:47 PM

Darth--

That's really a lovely job--I had no idea that AF released their Royal Blue in O scale prior to their converting to S scale after WWII.  I've seen quite a few O scale AF pre-war trains lately, and they certainly seem more varied than the comparable Lionel product for the same era. 

I read in a previous post about your loco that the trailing truck was off a Marx loco--is that still the case? 

But that's a lovely job.   And a really HANDSOME loco.

Tom  

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Users Online

There are no community member online

Search the Community

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Model Railroader Newsletter See all