Thanks for your input!
I guess I didn’t express what I’m doing very well. Because of the lack of space on the flatcar for two cameras, my SQ8 and an old wireless low resolution 1.7G camera that I was going to mount on top of the SQ8 as a viewfinder won’t work. That combination won’t clear my tunnel portals. I have ordered a MD81S Wi-Fi Camcorder that will replace the SQ8 and also serve as a Wi-Fi viewfinder. It should be here by the 23rd.
The MD81S is 56mm high, 22mm wide and 18mm thick. It has a self contained 400ma battery, Micro SD card and P2P Wi-Fi with antenna. I intend to mount it to a 100 tooth 1” gear driven from an identical gear connected to a SG90 servo to pan said camera 180°. I intend to control the servo with an onboard Arduino NANO connected to a UNO Base by either a Blue Tooth or Wi-Fi module.
All of the above will fit easily on a Bachmann 52’ recessed center flatcar. At this time I have not settled on a power source for the servo control system. I intend using track power if it will work without glitching the video. My earlier attempts using wireless cameras using track power glitched the video.
If you don’t think that using an Arduino would work let me know, I have no experience with Arduino Blue Tooth or Wi-Fi. There are all kinds of Arduino wireless modules available. Keep in mind the Arduino will only be used to control the servo/pan operation, the camera video will be a separate P2P Wi-Fi direct from the MD81S Wireless Camcorder.
- The world\'s smallest wifi camera
- Supportive for Wi-Fi and p2p transmitting, time-saving and convenient
- Work without router (direct phone wifi to MD81) or Work via router P2P (internet)
- In no router condition, still support multi point connection to MD81 (Most other IP camera doesn't support this)
- Compact and lightweight, providing great portability
- Smart Image detection - Stop recording to save memory when no different detection.
- Supportive for Micro SD card up to 32GB as external storage for recording.
- Auto Overwrite the previous file when memory card full - ensure continuous recording
- Built-in microphone to free your hand from holding an extra microphone.
- Build in battery.
- Support Power Bank Charging during operation.
- Low power consumption to ensure long working time, and also very eco-friendly
- Wide working temperature and humidity to suit for different working conditions
- Support iphone/Android/Desktop computer on local network (AP Mode) monitoring
- Support iphone/Desktop computer on Remote Viewing (p2p Mode) monitoring. .
Clear as mud?
Modeling the early to mid 1950s SP in HO scale since 1951
My Model Railroad
I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.