Trains.com

Interesting Pair of Signs

7 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • 5,133 posts
Interesting Pair of Signs
Posted by ericsp on Friday, May 18, 2012 1:34 AM

"No soup for you!" - Yev Kassem (from Seinfeld)

• 1,967 posts
Posted by miniwyo on Friday, May 18, 2012 9:49 AM

But there is a do not block door sign on the other side of the roll up door too.......

RJ

"Something hidden, Go and find it. Go and look behind the ranges, Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go." The Explorers - Rudyard Kipling

http://sweetwater-photography.com/

• 9,513 posts
Posted by zugmann on Friday, May 18, 2012 10:01 AM

miniwyo

But there is a do not block door sign on the other side of the roll up door too.......

Spot car here.  But don't spot it here, you'll block the door!  I know they want to be helpful with the signs, but geez...

Then there's that man-way door. Watch that first step, it's a doozy!

The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer, any other railroad, company, or person.

• 10,785 posts
Posted by mudchicken on Friday, May 18, 2012 11:22 AM

The raisins (along with the related fruits, nuts and flakes) are at it once more.

Best guesses:

(1) There ought to be a "Not a Truck Dock w/o Blue Flag Protection" sign there as well.

(2) The joe-bob agridummy plant people are in conflict again.

(3) The fire marshal and the plant operator have opposing views.

(4) Someboy's cheap & lazy with the hose. ((agri-hosers?)

* If that building wall is 8'-6" (or closer) to the center of track, the CA-PUC inspector ought to remove the track from service before some of Zug's buddies get hurt.

Mudchicken Nothing is worth taking the risk of losing a life over. Come home tonight in the same condition that you left home this morning in. Safety begins with ME.... cinscocom-west
  • 9,513 posts
Posted by zugmann on Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:54 AM

DING 3rd floor, lingerie.  Next floor: zug's real post.

The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer, any other railroad, company, or person.

• 9,513 posts
Posted by zugmann on Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:55 AM

That's not bad at all...

We serve industries that a skinny person couldn't even fit between the railcar and the building.  Just have to know your industries, and if in doubt, walk 'em in.

• 10,785 posts
Posted by mudchicken on Sunday, May 20, 2012 1:30 PM

zugmann

That's not bad at all...

We serve industries that a skinny person couldn't even fit between the railcar and the building.  Just have to know your industries, and if in doubt, walk 'em in.

Understand your point of view, Zugster. My frustration is with the industry and the guy with no concept of what a clearance envelope. Be glad your not with JeffH over in Iowa where they let the law lapse.

Doing something because it was cheaper or easier is not worth somebody's life. My wrath is directed at those that let that stuff exist. (I absolutely hate doing accident surveys caused by this stuff)

Mudchicken Nothing is worth taking the risk of losing a life over. Come home tonight in the same condition that you left home this morning in. Safety begins with ME.... cinscocom-west
  • 10,392 posts
Posted by blownout cylinder on Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:44 PM

Eh?

What where they thinking?    

Any argument carried far enough will end up in Semantics--Hartz's law of rhetoric Emerald. Leemer and Southern The route of the Sceptre Express Barry

I just started my blog site...more stuff to come...

http://modeltrainswithmusic.blogspot.ca/

Join our Community!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

Search the Community

Newsletter Sign-Up

By signing up you may also receive occasional reader surveys and special offers from Trains magazine.Please view our privacy policy