Trains.com

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

HO lettering for Polar Express

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • 660 posts
HO lettering for Polar Express
Posted by sparkyjay31 on Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can find HO decal lettering for the Polar Express?
  • 342 posts
Posted by randybc2003 on Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:17 PM

I don't know of any commercial, - but hey- fabricate your own! 

Use word and a printer -print your own.  There are several fonts, both free & purchased, that could present a nice letterboard - Wide Latin, Engrawver's MT bold, various RR Roman, etc.  Maybe even Comercial Script.  Model it the way it was the night YOU rode it!  

• 3,549 posts
Posted by Flashwave on Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:01 PM

I've done it, and found a Times New Roman in 11pt font, wit a space between each letter and 2 between words is near perfect. Do it in Gold. The colors I used were Model Master sprays Intermediate Blue, and a darkk red that I've forgotten off the top of my head. I used Athearn hevyweights, but the rivarossi's are closer to length. The train length is never consistan, but 5-7 cars is about right. And don't forget the hobo on the roof,.

-Morgan

• 5,084 posts
Posted by G Paine on Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:06 PM

You can buy lettering decal sets and apply them letter by letter; not that difficult once you get used to it. Microscale for water slide decals and Woodland Scenics for dry transfers are good choices

George In Midcoast Maine, 'bout halfway up the Rockland branch 

• 3,549 posts
Posted by Flashwave on Sunday, May 31, 2009 10:18 PM

Flashwave

I've done it, and found a Times New Roman in 11pt font, wit a space between each letter and 2 between words is near perfect. Do it in Gold. The colors I used were Model Master sprays Intermediate Blue, and a darkk red that I've forgotten off the top of my head. I used Athearn hevyweights, but the rivarossi's are closer to length. The train length is never consistan, but 5-7 cars is about right. And don't forget the hobo on the roof,.

Fogot my own pictures:

Admittedly, I could stand to make the decals darker, but I've also tested under layout lighting, it looks good

-Morgan

Subscriber & Member Login

Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, manage your account online and more!

Users Online

Search the Community

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Model Railroader Newsletter See all